Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > HOWTO-Related Questions

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28th March 2013, 17:37

Default ISPconfig3 Mirror recovery & Cluster Options

Ive been looking at this tutorial: http://www.howtoforge.com/installing-a-web-email-and-mysql-database-cluster-on-debian-6.0-with-ispconfig-3

First of all i was wondering, what happens if heavens to betsy, one of the servers is unrecoverable? How would you restore the mirror?

And was wondering, if following this method, it is possible to add in extra servers in a cluster. SO there are two master servers and extra cluster ones. I did see an older howto for clustering but wasnt sure if it was still up to date or would do what im trying to achieve.

:-) Then I had the idea what an amazing feature it would be if you could mirror a server just by pasting in a certificate and pushng a button?
you could get each server to generate a key like you do with firefox backup, paste it it into the other server and hey presto they talk to each other and exchange data. Hmmm. I should move this paragraph to the feature request section? :-)
Sponsored Links