Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28th March 2013, 14:25

Default Resolvconf Problem - cannot set nameservers

I am running Ubuntu 12.10 with ISPConfig 3.0.5.1.

I am trying to setup my ISPs nameservers but resolv.conf is never changing. It's stuck on nameserver 127.0.0.1

I tried editing /etc/network/interfaces and inserted dns-nameservers xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx then resolvconf -u and then ifdown eth0 && ifup eth0. No result

I tried editing /etc/resolvconf/resolvconf.d/base with same parameters, again no result.

I tried disabling resolvconf updates as well as edit the dhcpclient.conf in both /etc/dhcp and /etc/dhcp3 with the prepent-domain again no result.

I'm already frustrated enough and cannot think of anything else to try. I tried google but all the solutions proposed are mentioned above and don't work.

Any help is appreciated
Sponsored Links