Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > HOWTO-Related Questions

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27th March 2013, 04:31

Send a message via ICQ to PC Networks Send a message via AIM to PC Networks Send a message via Yahoo to PC Networks
Post ISPConfig3 Installation MySQL Login Failure

Hello group...

I just know I am going to catch hell for this.

I have followed: The Perfect Server - Debian Squeeze (Debian 6.0) [ISPConfig 2]

With the following exception(s) to it's end
When attempting to install the following as defined on Page 3:
Code:
apt-get install binutils cpp fetchmail flex gcc libarchive-zip-perl libc6-dev libcompress-zlib-perl libdb-dev libpcre3 libpopt-dev lynx m4 make ncftp nmap openssl perl perl-modules unzip zip zlib1g-dev autoconf automake1.9 libtool bison autotools-dev g++ build-essential
This notice was returned:
Code:
Package libcompress-zlib-perl is a virtual package provided by:
  perl 5.14.2-6ubuntu2.3
  libio-compress-perl 2.048-1
You should explicitly select one to install.

E: Package 'libcompress-zlib-perl' has no installation candidate
SOLUTION: I elected to utilize libio-compress-perl 2.048-1
As the following:
Code:
apt-get install binutils cpp fetchmail flex gcc libarchive-zip-perl libc6-dev libio-compress-perl libdb-dev libpcre3 libpopt-dev lynx m4 make ncftp nmap openssl perl perl-modules unzip zip zlib1g-dev autoconf automake1.9 libtool bison autotools-dev g++ build-essential
I also disabled IPv6

To install ISPConfig3 I elected to use the HowTo: http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-se...ispconfig-3-p6

starting at page 6 section 19 Install ISPConfig 3

The Issue: When running the installation of ISPConfig3 I am able to provide all data, but maybe this one piece is an issue? The FQDN- this is a local test server only and I do not have a domain name, presently the machines hostname is RADIUS.
Anyhow, after creating the MySQL server hostname, root username, root password, CHARSET, and dbispconfig MySQL returns the following:
Code:
Unable to connect to the specified MySQL server Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
MySQL server hostname [localhost]:
I have attempted running
Code:
 mysql -h localhost -u root -p
which returns the following:
Code:
Enter password:
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
Thanking you in advance for your help with this matter.

Best Regards
Pat Taylor
Sponsored Links