Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22nd March 2013, 01:04

Default Is it a bad idea to disable Clam?

I actually posted about this a while ago, but wasn't able to come to a solution, so I'm sort of bringing a sledgehammer to the issue.

My Amavis keeps dying, and it's because it tries to run mail through Clam and Clam isn't running. Clam isn't running because it's dying for unknown reasons, there's nothing showing up in the logs, Freeclam is still updating the database, no system errors.

I've decided that the easiest solution to this is to just remove Clam, but I'm unsure if this is a bad idea or not. None of my clients are using the server for mail outside of script generated mail (PHP), am I fine just getting rid of Clam? What about SpamAssassin as well?

Thanks!

EDIT: I see a couple of other posts asking the same question, but nobody seems to get an answer... it's usually more along the lines of "ya Clam is a memory hog"

Last edited by eric_cr; 22nd March 2013 at 17:41.
Sponsored Links