Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 21st March 2013, 07:50
HowtoForge Supporter

Post webmail.mydomain.tld --> SqirrelMail Webmail - Ubuntu Server 10.04 - ISPConfig 3

Hi,

I have an Ubuntu Server 10.04 - ISPConfig 3 installed.

Regarding SqirrelMail webmail. I can reach it by typing in myserveripnumber/webmail but where do you setup the link from a subdomain webmail.mydomain.tld --> myserveripnumber/webmail ???
I created a C-record/Cname "webmail-->www.mydomain.tld" but of course this will only get me to the the webserver. So where do I make the link? In "IPConfig - DNS" setup?, Subdomain in "ISPConfig - Sites" setup or is it set up somewhere totally different???

Looking forward to your response

Kind Regards,
DanHansen@Denmark
Sponsored Links
Old 21st March 2013, 08:07
ISPConfig Developer

Send a message via Skype™ to almere

Hey there.

If you want to set you webmail to a subdomain, i would like to recommend you to create a new vhost (new site in IPSConfig) with a name, like: webmail.yourstuff.com and than to make simply a symlink in the root of the new site to your webmail. Something like that...
The Following User Says Thank You to almere For This Useful Post:
danhansen@denmark (1st April 2013)