Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20th March 2013, 01:41

Default Ispconfig3.05 backups

Was trying this feature, if it works would be great, right now I'm running separate crons.

In CP system > Server Config > my multi server webserver > Backups
Selected a different backup directory, different hard drive
Backup Mode: Backup web files owned by web user as zip

1. The web user directory gets created in above drive but only the database gz shows up. No zip file or website files.
Because I followed the multi-server setup, don't recall any mention to unzip package, checking my server... this package is not installed.
First question, guess I need to install unzip?
any other packages to have the backups running properly?

2. Inside the /var/www/clients/client* the backup directory was also created but with no files. Should have the symlink pointing to the CP backups drive and dir or zip file. Could it be because I'm missing the zip file?

3. Would like to force 5 days of backups with daily frequency to all users. But after setting 5 days, the user client can change the setting in the website tab/backup to 10 days and other frequencies (overriding my setting)... Is this how it should be? Is there a way for force 5 days without the possibility of client override?

4. To finish, last question. Upon new website creation, is there a way to auto enable the backups with fixed daily frequency and 5 copies? for all future websites?

Thanks
Sponsored Links