Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 20th March 2013, 00:41

Default Ispconfig3.05 backups

Was trying this feature, if it works would be great, right now I'm running separate crons.

In CP system > Server Config > my multi server webserver > Backups
Selected a different backup directory, different hard drive
Backup Mode: Backup web files owned by web user as zip

1. The web user directory gets created in above drive but only the database gz shows up. No zip file or website files.
Because I followed the multi-server setup, don't recall any mention to unzip package, checking my server... this package is not installed.
First question, guess I need to install unzip?
any other packages to have the backups running properly?

2. Inside the /var/www/clients/client* the backup directory was also created but with no files. Should have the symlink pointing to the CP backups drive and dir or zip file. Could it be because I'm missing the zip file?

3. Would like to force 5 days of backups with daily frequency to all users. But after setting 5 days, the user client can change the setting in the website tab/backup to 10 days and other frequencies (overriding my setting)... Is this how it should be? Is there a way for force 5 days without the possibility of client override?

4. To finish, last question. Upon new website creation, is there a way to auto enable the backups with fixed daily frequency and 5 copies? for all future websites?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 20th March 2013, 09:24
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,501 Times in 4,330 Posts

1) Install zip and unzip.
2) Thats all correct, the directory must be empty as it is not used to store backups. This directory is only used to provide backup downloads after requestng them in ispconfig.
3) Yes. But it is planned to add client limits for backups in future.
4) No.
Old 20th March 2013, 09:37
ISPConfig Developer

Send a message via Skype™ to almere

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapyahoo View Post
Was trying this feature, if it works would be great, right now I'm running separate crons.

In CP system > Server Config > my multi server webserver > Backups
Selected a different backup directory, different hard drive
Backup Mode: Backup web files owned by web user as zip

1. The web user directory gets created in above drive but only the database gz shows up. No zip file or website files.
Because I followed the multi-server setup, don't recall any mention to unzip package, checking my server... this package is not installed.
First question, guess I need to install unzip?
any other packages to have the backups running properly?

2. Inside the /var/www/clients/client* the backup directory was also created but with no files. Should have the symlink pointing to the CP backups drive and dir or zip file. Could it be because I'm missing the zip file?

3. Would like to force 5 days of backups with daily frequency to all users. But after setting 5 days, the user client can change the setting in the website tab/backup to 10 days and other frequencies (overriding my setting)... Is this how it should be? Is there a way for force 5 days without the possibility of client override?

4. To finish, last question. Upon new website creation, is there a way to auto enable the backups with fixed daily frequency and 5 copies? for all future websites?

Thanks
3) You should delete "Backup" tab from web site edit. Something, like:
File: /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/sites/templates/web_domain_backup.htm
Change everuthing to:
Code:
<h2><tmpl_var name="list_head_txt"></h2>
<p><tmpl_var name="list_desc_txt"></p>

<div class="panel panel_web_domain">

<div class="pnl_formsarea">

<?php if(strip_tags($_SESSION['s']['user']['username']) == 'admin'){ ?>
        <fieldset class="inlineLabels"><legend>Backup</legend>
            <div class="ctrlHolder">
                <label for="backup_interval">{tmpl_var name='backup_interval_txt'}</label>
                <select name="backup_interval" id="backup_interval" class="selectInput">
                    {tmpl_var name='backup_interval'}
                </select>
            </div>
            <div class="ctrlHolder">
                <label for="backup_copies">{tmpl_var name='backup_copies_txt'}</label>
                <select name="backup_copies" id="backup_copies" class="selectInput">
                    {tmpl_var name='backup_copies'}
                </select>
            </div>
        </fieldset>
        <?php } ?>
        {tmpl_var name='backup_records'}

<input type="hidden" name="id" value="{tmpl_var name='id'}">

<div class="buttonHolder buttons">
            <button class="positive iconstxt icoPositive" type="button" value="{tmpl_var name='btn_save_txt'}" onclick="submitForm('pageForm','sites/web_domain_edit.php');"><span>{tmpl_var name='btn_save_txt'}</span></button>
            <button class="negative iconstxt icoNegative" type="button" value="{tmpl_var name='btn_cancel_txt'}" onclick="loadContent('sites/web_domain_list.php');"><span>{tmpl_var name='btn_cancel_txt'}</span></button>
        </div>
    </div>

</div>

4) Yes, it is. You should change the standard value the file and mysql.
File: /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/sites/form/web_domain.tform.php
Find the line:
Code:
'backup_copies' => array (
And change the 'default' value for this array to 5.
Code:
'default'	=> '5',
Open phpMyAdmin
Table: 'web_domain' , klick to "Structure" and change the default value in the line "backup_copies" to 5.

Something like that. But first make the backup of all files and mysql.
And you should know: if you are not "friends" with php and ispconfig , you should be really careful AND you are doing it for your own risk.

P.S. Sorry, Till
Old 20th March 2013, 09:47
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,501 Times in 4,330 Posts

Quote:
P.S. Sorry, Till
Its always possible to change the code to achieve a goal. So if the question is if ispconfig manages samba, runs on windwes and if it can switch on your coffee maker over wlan, your answer is yes and mine is no If you propose code changes to a user you should also tell him that he either cant update in future or he will have to redo all changes in the code as not everyone is a developer and is aware of this fact.
The Following User Says Thank You to till For This Useful Post:
almere (20th March 2013)
Old 20th March 2013, 09:51
ISPConfig Developer

You are right...
Well... I installed ISPConfig 3.0.5 RC1 and changed almost everything for my need. Now i have nginx and apache works together, changed firewall, changed API functions. But it was only 2 hours to merge changes for me with special soft
Old 20th March 2013, 17:43

@almere... thanks for the input. Very comfortable with mysql and php. Also did some core hacks in 3.0.4 but decided to leave that alone since @till mentions they obviously get lost upon upgrade.

And upgrade is something we must do

Thanks to both, and will report back maybe tomorrow with news on my zip backups , just installed the packages and guess the cron will run later today during my beauty ZZZzzzz
Old 20th March 2013, 18:46
ISPConfig Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by till View Post
if it can switch on your coffee maker over wlan
It will be greate...
Old 21st March 2013, 13:32

Ok, got zip file in main backup directory.
symlink not showing in web costumer directory and or inside control panel. So I'm thinking, could this be normal because of ispconfig cron setup?
Last night cron created the zip... tonight cron will create another zip + symlink of first zip?
Old 21st March 2013, 13:34
ISPConfig Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapyahoo View Post
Ok, got zip file in main backup directory.
symlink not showing in web costumer directory and or inside control panel. So I'm thinking, could this be normal because of ispconfig cron setup?
Last night cron created the zip... tonight cron will create another zip + symlink of first zip?
You will not see any symlinks in the web costumer directory. You can find all backups at "Backups" tab while editing your site.
Old 21st March 2013, 13:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by almere View Post
You will not see any symlinks in the web costumer directory. You can find all backups at "Backups" tab while editing your site.
was under the impression that a symlink would be created inside /var/www/clients/clientx/webx/backup/x.zip

Any case, control panel does not show zip file either. Could be normal ispconfig cron? Maybe till can share some wisdom here.