Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15th March 2013, 17:40

Exclamation How to change DNS server name

Hello,

I recently setup ISPConfig 3 on Centos 6.4 following the Perfect server howto on howtoforge. Now that I am done, I want to change the "DNS" settings on my new server to use a different domain name than the server's main name, example the server's name is t1c02a.domain.com, but i want the nameserver running on it to be ns2.domain.com and it should be a slave of my other primary nameserver t1c02.domain.com which is also ns1.domain.com.

Where in ISPConfig can I change the name of the DNS server to ns2.domain.com, and how do i make sure it knows its a slave? Given that its a slave, do I need to import the zones from the master, or will the slave talk to the master and take care of that on its own?

Thanks in advance,

--Corbis
Sponsored Links