Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 1st March 2013, 09:05

Default APS applications; many problems

I've been testing the new APS feature but, sadly, I'm finding that many of them don't work. I'm compiling a list, but eg anyinventory, openbiblio, xrms, brim, myorgbook. Seems about 50/50 so far.

They seem to be MySQL incompatibiity; the install will fail because the SQL uses "TYPE=MyISAM" instead of "ENGINE=MyISAM", this was a change in MySQL 5.5. Its kind of sad that backward compatibility was lost.

I tried editing the SQL to change TYPE to ENGINE but in many cases there are other SQL errors.

When I check the versions of the software in the APS packages I do often find that they are quite out of date (old versions).

Is there any way to flag the packages for version dependencies?

(I'm running Ubuntu Server 12.04)
Sponsored Links