Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 27th February 2013, 08:35
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,265 Times in 4,129 Posts

We had released a lot of betas and RC versions before ispconfig 3.0.5 final was released, so the hostbill developer had months of time to test his plugin with ispconfig 3.0.5.

Btw. the official ispconfig billing module has been available already as RC during the RC releases of ISPConfig 3.0.5 for all our customers and the final version of the new billing module for 3.0.5 gets shipped today.
Sponsored Links
Old 27th February 2013, 08:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Vojacek View Post
So, after much waiting, the developer informed me that this plugin WILL NOT work with ispconfig3 version 3.5 so... there it goes my 49 dollars

For all users waiting to try this plugin on ispconfig3, DON'T.

The developer informed me that it will take some time to make this plugin works with version 3.5 so i'm basically stuck.

Anyone got the ispconfig that came with hostbill to work with ispconfig 3.5 ?
It has been several days since you've responded to your support ticket. Since the official release of ISPConfig 3.0.5, there is a new download available for this plugin which is compatible. You can get it from the same download link you received with your purchase.

For all users wanting to try this plugin, it has been redeveloped and tested to work with ISPConfig 3.0.5.
The Following User Says Thank You to desanidesigns For This Useful Post:
Alex Vojacek (27th February 2013)
Old 27th February 2013, 09:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by desanidesigns View Post
It has been several days since you've responded to your support ticket. Since the official release of ISPConfig 3.0.5, there is a new download available for this plugin which is compatible. You can get it from the same download link you received with your purchase.

For all users wanting to try this plugin, it has been redeveloped and tested to work with ISPConfig 3.0.5.
Hello desanidesigns,

as you're reading this thread, I would like to ask to for more information with your plugin.

I'm looking at automatic a pool of ispconfig servers, mostly handling web sites+mail, but provisioning dns would be nice too.

Ideally, you'll have a pool of web servers and respective IP range and you would add a new site to the servers in a round-robin (to start with) fashion to each of these servers, until a they're full with a preselected number of sites.

I'm willing to *pay* for a more professional module for hostbill and I guess many of us trying to use ispconfig beyound the single server small-shop.

ispcomm
The Following User Says Thank You to ispcomm For This Useful Post:
Huntkqa (3rd March 2013)
Old 27th February 2013, 09:39

That's great news !

I didn't see any e-mail informing of the new version so I assumed it was not ready yet.

Sorry about that.
Old 27th February 2013, 09:58

It works ! it works !!! it worksss !!!!!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU !!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Alex Vojacek For This Useful Post:
bowlAltetle (2nd December 2013)
Old 28th February 2013, 04:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ispcomm View Post
Hello desanidesigns,

as you're reading this thread, I would like to ask to for more information with your plugin.

I'm looking at automatic a pool of ispconfig servers, mostly handling web sites+mail, but provisioning dns would be nice too.

Ideally, you'll have a pool of web servers and respective IP range and you would add a new site to the servers in a round-robin (to start with) fashion to each of these servers, until a they're full with a preselected number of sites.

I'm willing to *pay* for a more professional module for hostbill and I guess many of us trying to use ispconfig beyound the single server small-shop.

ispcomm
This is definitely something worth looking into, the main restriction will be how we are able to work with the round-robin from within HostBill and keeping track of how many accounts have been added to each server and which server was last used in the chain.

If this is something you're really wanting to pursue, please PM me and we can discuss in detail what may be needed.

Thanks,
Devan
Old 28th February 2013, 10:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by desanidesigns View Post
This is definitely something worth looking into, the main restriction will be how we are able to work with the round-robin from within HostBill and keeping track of how many accounts have been added to each server and which server was last used in the chain.

If this is something you're really wanting to pursue, please PM me and we can discuss in detail what may be needed.

Thanks,
Devan
Yes, I'd be interested. Strict round-robin may not be necessary. Just find the server with less accounts on it. Ties will resolve themselfes automagically.

I'm not sure how and where hostbill allows you to keep data for the module. Either you "select count(accounts) from ispconfig_servers group by server_id" or you use the API to ispconfig to find out which is the server with less accounts and use it.

A real professional look would be to implement the ispconfig panel inside hostbill client area. When a client logins in hostbill and clicks on its service "manage" button, your module shall lookup on which server that particular domain is hosted and connect the customer to the ispconfig interface (ideally within hostbill interface).

You can have a look at the proxmox module and see how consoles for VPS are handled within hostbill.

I the above looks nice to you let's talk via pm for implementation details

Regards,
ispcomm
The Following User Says Thank You to ispcomm For This Useful Post:
bowlAltetle (2nd December 2013)
Old 28th November 2013, 17:21

Default bump

I'm not sure if desanidesigns is still working on his module (seems he's deep into android programming now).

any chances to have some updates on the status of this module and the multi-server patches I was referring to ?

thanks.
Old 3rd December 2013, 20:55

This program won't work in a multiserver atmosphere. Performs in only one server atmosphere. If you want to buy my duplicate I will offer it for 50% off.
Old 8th December 2013, 12:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_Harris View Post
This program won't work in a multiserver atmosphere. Performs in only one server atmosphere. If you want to buy my duplicate I will offer it for 50% off.
I could use is as a basis for a properly working module. Can you tell me with that type of encoder it is encrypted (or is it encrypted at all?)

If you're not sure, you can send me a single encrypted file from the module so I can check myself.

I have been actually chilled by current hostbill policy changes. It seems that they're not allowing third part modules any more.

If this is the case, I might as well pass and use whmcs as everybody else.