Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > HOWTO-Related Questions

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23rd February 2013, 18:54
HowtoForge Supporter

Default Will Installing Quota Cause Problems with OpenVZ Install

I am working to piece together a Debian Squeeze Perfect Server ISPConfig 3 install that meets all of my needs.

For this install I'm using the following guides:
What I would like to know is, if I install Quota as specified in Falko's document on step 13, is that going to cause problems for me when I try to create my virtual servers?

I'm not sure what to do here. I have had problems in the past trying to install OpenVZ after installing quota.

My base system is going to have Mail, Database, and Web, then I will have two virtual name servers NS1 and NS2, then I'll have one virtual git server that I use for my dev repository.

Please help give me guidance on the best way to approach this install keeping in mind that I would like to be able to monitor user quotas. What is the best way to have user quota monitoring and virtual servers using OpenVZ without causing conflicts?

Thank you,
Darin
Sponsored Links