Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 9th February 2013, 00:19

Default Changing some configuration values

After setting up a new mailbox account in ISPConfig the user gets the following:

<edit skip rest of header>
Body:
Welcome to your new email account. Your webmaster.

How do you change these values - especially the from address? The manual has a hint about the message body in 4.9.5.1 saying it's under mail --> en_mail_user.lng but looking in there.. it's not there.

Also I have a second question. If you install ISPConfig without having installed, for instance, libapache2-mod-suphp libapache2-mod-ruby and maybe others, Does ISPConfig notice and disable options for these types of web setups, or does it mess the entire thing up because they are not there?
Sponsored Links
Old 10th February 2013, 14:48

Incase anyone's interested...

The welcome email sent is actually either hardcoded from the mail_plugin_inc.php or from a template in .../ispconfig/server/conf/mail It's nothing to do with the language files (as in the manual). You can create your own welcome email and place it in .../ispconfig/server/conf-custom/mail The name of the file is dependent upon the language (locale), as you will see.

Anyway.. at least i found where to change it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Parsec For This Useful Post:
falko (12th February 2013)