Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > HOWTO-Related Questions

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 31st January 2013, 02:27

Default problem loggin in after raid1 setup

I just walked through the "How to Create A Raid1 setup on an existing Centos/Redhat 6.0 system". The raid is up and functioning, it boots but the problem is when I try to log in. When I type in the password and hit return the screen blanks out and then comes back to the login screen. I have check using single boot that permissions and directories are still there but I'm at a loss as to what is missing.

I get no errors, just a blank screen and then the login screen reappears.

-- This is a test system, thankfully but I do need to do the raid1 setup on the production system. Lost the raid disk and it will not rebuild. But that is another story

thanks for your help
Sponsored Links
Old 1st February 2013, 19:51

Thumbs up [solved] Selinux bites another admin

Well after taking a look at the secure log file and running down some of the errors that I found in there, it turns out that somehow selinux got turned on.

I know that I had turned this off prior to going through the raid 1 setup, but it was on after all was said and done.

The how to work just like it suppose to. happy camper