Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > HOWTO-Related Questions

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30th January 2013, 18:12

Default /boot not ready after syncing RAID 1 w/ virgin drive

I am running Ubuntu 10.04, and used the How-to-setup RAID 1 on running system including GRUB2.

So I was planning on doing the upgrade to 12.04, and wanted to have a backup in case something goes haywire. So I took out one hard drive, put in a blank, and booted Ubuntu, and synced the raid, and installed GRUB.

Everything seemed fine, so I removed both drives and put in a blank as secondary, and the one I just synced into the primary, boot the system, and it takes me to the grub rescue menu.

So shutting down the system and putting back the original primary back in, the system boots, but the Ubuntu gives me a message,

/boot in not not ready or not installed

I skip that, get into Ubuntu, and md0 is not active. When I tried to update-grub, or os-prober I get this error:

ERROR: isw: wrong number of devices in RAID set "isw_dfichbebdi_Volume0:1" [1/2] on /dev/sda

Grub seems to have an older linux kernel it's "stuck" on, and I can't find a way to change it to the one currently used by Ubuntu.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
Sponsored Links