Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12th January 2013, 19:46

Default remove slave server from master?

My existing config is a master server + slave. The slave node has been offline for several weeks due to failed hardware, which occurred shortly after installation. I have now prepared a new server to act as slave, which uses the same host name and IP address as the earlier.

I don't want to confuse the master server and so was thinking I should first remove references to the old slave before installing the new. How can I do this safely?

Is it okay to simply delete the relevant entry in the 'server' table? Are there any other actions I should perform to clean things up before pairing the new slave node?
Sponsored Links