Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 4th January 2013, 22:01

Default SSL certificate components are not renamed when website domain is changed

I noticed that when I change the domain name that is associated with a given website (an excellent and very powerful feature of ISPConfig), using the drop-down menu in the interface, the certificate component file names in /var/www/example.com/ssl are not updated accordingly.

This seems to be an undesirable behavior for many reasons, not least of which is that Apache will fail to start if SSL is enabled, the website's domain name is changed, and Apache is restarted. Presumably, Apache will expect to find the files at /var/www/example.com/ssl/example.com.*, when they may in fact exist at /var/www/example2.com/ssl/example.com.*.

One solution to this problem, provided that ISPConfig does not already handle this scenario gracefully (I have not tested it with the SSL checkbox enabled), is to change the SSL certificate component file names such that they reflect the website ID instead of the domain name. This would enable the user to change the domain name without causing problems for Apache or the SSL certificate (beyond the expected "domain name mismatch").

Thanks for any thoughts on this.
Sponsored Links
Old 5th January 2013, 12:51
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,745 Times in 2,578 Posts

I think this is already resolved in 3.0.5.

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on: