Old 29th December 2012, 03:49

Default Forwarding emails

Hi, i have an email address (accounts@local) that i want to forward all emails to this email address to 2 other emails addresses ( info@local and mieke@external ), but also keep the emails in the accounts@local mailbox too. I cant find a way to do it.

I see there is a SEND COPY TO option, but it will only except 1 email address - I did try separating with a space, ";" or "," and i get the error "invalid email address".

There is the FORWARD EMAIL but that doesnt work for me either as it wont let me have an email account and do forwarding on it too. If it try to do it i get the error

ERROR
There is already a mailbox with this email address

I am using ISPConfig 3.0.4.6.

Is there some way i can do this ?

Last edited by tahunasky; 29th December 2012 at 08:26.
Sponsored Links
Old 29th December 2012, 17:17
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,414 Times in 4,257 Posts

You can send copys of emails to as many mailboxes as you like, see ISPConfig FAQ:

http://www.faqforge.com/linux/contro...her-mailboxes/
Old 29th December 2012, 19:48

Thanks for the info Till.

I have edited the database by manually adding a forward alias. So i create an email account, and then add an alias for that email account and forward to that email address and all other email addresses i require forwarding to. It seems to work without a problem.

This is very useful if someone is away, they still get to keep the email in their mailbox, plus it is forwarded to anyone who might be covering for them.
I have been doing this for years with postfix and postfix-admin. The user has the ability to set this up within their webmail client.

How can i turn off the ACCOUNT EXISTS check when creating the FORWARD EMAIL. What php file do i need to edit ?

After reading what you pointed to using filter rules ( redirect 'info@example.tld'; keep; ) it can be done that way, but is more complicated and not as easy for a none-tech user to setup.

Could this be added as a feature in a future release, but maybe added as a tab similar to the vacation message ?

Last edited by tahunasky; 29th December 2012 at 20:11.
Old 30th December 2012, 18:26
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,414 Times in 4,257 Posts

Quote:
How can i turn off the ACCOUNT EXISTS check when creating the FORWARD EMAIL. What php file do i need to edit ?
The check is required because your mailbox will stop working as soon as you add a alias with the same name. So removibg the check makes no sense at all.

Quote:
Could this be added as a feature in a future release, but maybe added as a tab similar to the vacation message ?
Normally you wont use the setup you use on a sipconfig mailserver as you can do multi forwards in ispconfig by using the forward feature.

Just create a forward for:

accounts@local

and enter in the forward fields:

info@local
mieke@external

Thats all. The failure in your setup is that you added also a mailbox with the name accounts@local whichis not required.