Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 8th December 2012, 22:28

Default ISPConfig Multiserver -> Handling Issue

Hey everyone,

I have recently configured ISPConfig to be able to manage two system with only one interface.
My problem is this: Until the second server, I was able to do things I am now unable to do. In detail, here is a list of things I sort of dislike with the multiserver setup:
  1. If a customer on the secondary system (which is manage by the first system) tries to login (as he is used to) using http://hisdomain.com:8080, he is unable to login because (right!) this is the secondary system which is unable to process login requests. -> I don't want to say "Yes, that is indeed your website, but you have to use $differentURL to login to the administrative backend.
  2. If you have a customer who has websites on both servers, the customer himself is unable to manage the databases and is forced to put every database to the first server. For example, Customer has two sites plus databases on server 1. Now, he wants to have a third site. Due to load balancing issues I set the site up on server 2. However, the customer cannot create a DB for his site himself on server 2, as his primary server is server 1. I would like to change this, but have no idea how!

If any of you has an idea how to work these issues out, I appreciate it.
Maybe, there is a way I am not aware of.

Also, on the second node, Roundcube is not working and crashes with Error 500 everytime. HTTP logs show no sign of a problem. Is it just me or is this normal?
Again, I don't want to tell them "please use mydomain/webmail instead of yourdomain/webmail", so maybe you can help with this, too, while you are at it....

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind Regards

ZeroEnna
Sponsored Links
Old 10th December 2012, 14:35
Super Moderator

Thanked 4,983 Times in 3,903 Posts

1) The customer domain is normally not used as controlpanel login, instaed you use the domain of the hosting company. If you want to use the domains of your customers, then create a vhost in apache and redirect all incoming requests on port 8080 to the master.

2) The default server for new databases is set in the clients limits of the customer.

Quote:
Also, on the second node, Roundcube is not working and crashes with Error 500 everytime. HTTP logs show no sign of a problem. Is it just me or is this normal?
There must be something in the global apache error.log.
Old 10th December 2012, 19:41

I learned something strange:

When NO vhost is active (that is, no site active in ISPConfig on the third node), Roundcube works. If any site is active, roundcube gives me a 500.
Cool thing. I believe, I have to redirect all webmail to one site on the master.

Not what I wanted, but I have to deal with it.