Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 3rd December 2012, 11:40

Default creating directories outside of web folder

while everything is good my main problem with ISPConfig is, I cannot create directories on outside of webfolder. I need to place data files outside of web folder, which should not be accessed on web.

I can understand that this is a security issue. But there must an option for reseller to define website directory structure. In current implemantation, there is no meaning to show outside of web folder to client, he/she can do nothing on it.

Is it possible to write a plugin for this, which hooks to events ?
Sponsored Links
Old 3rd December 2012, 14:42
Super Moderator

Thanked 4,983 Times in 3,903 Posts

You can create folders outside of the web folder in ispconfig. The only thing you have to do is to add the path that you want to use in the open_basedir setting of the website.

If you want to allow this by default for all new websites, just add the oath in the openbaesdir default setting under System > server config.

Starting with ispconfig 3.0.5, there is even a default folder for such data preconfigured, it is named /var/www/domain.tld/private
Old 3rd December 2012, 15:36

Default not working, I guess

I have added config directory and my open_basedir is as follows

[website_path]/web:[website_path]/tmp:[website_path]/config:/var/www/[website_domain]/web:/srv/www/[website_domain]/web:/usr/share/php5:/tmp:/usr/share/phpmyadmin:/etc/phpmyadmin:/var/lib/phpmyadmin

it did not create config directory. Also user cannot create the directory with ftp or ssh as parent directory belongs to root.
Old 3rd December 2012, 15:44
Super Moderator

Thanked 4,983 Times in 3,903 Posts

Quote:
not working, I guess
Works fine here in all my sites.

Quote:
[website_path]/web:[website_path]/tmp:[website_path]/config:/var/www/[website_domain]/web:/srv/www/[website_domain]/web:/usr/share/php5:/tmp:/usr/share/phpmyadmin:/etc/phpmyadmin:/var/lib/phpmyadmin
Thats ok for new sites, for existing sites you have to edit it on the options tab of the site.

Quote:
Also user cannot create the directory with ftp or ssh as parent directory belongs to root.
ISPConfig 3.0.4.6: Then you use the wrong secutoty mode. Change the secuity mode to High under System > Server config.
ISPConfig 3.0.5: A private directory exists by default, no need to create that direcrory manually.
The Following User Says Thank You to till For This Useful Post:
bkilinc (3rd December 2012)
Old 3rd December 2012, 15:55

Default thanks

thanks for the reply.

Right now I cannot test it. because some functions does not work in high security mode. So for the current security mode that I selected intentionaly, I still have problems. But I will try to move on to high security mode, but I cannot do it immediately.