Old 17th November 2012, 23:56

Default The world went pear shaped...

... and required a re-install of ubuntu server.

Fortunately, 99% of the world exists on another disk, including all the mysql/web site/why stuff.

So... any ideas on what I have to cpy and from where to get the world back?
Will copying the contents of /var/lib/mysql/dbispconfig folder from the old drive to the new make eveything appear magically in ispconfig? Yeh, I know I have to move www and etc/bind and a whole load of other stuff across too.
Does anyone have some sort of list of what needs doing to move the world from an "old" installation to a "new" one?

What's been done so far is to install the world from scratch on a new disk using Falko's excellent Perfect Server 12.04 with dovecot etc tutorial. The disk with the copy of the old world is mounted read-only on /old so I can copy stuff from it.

Thanks folks.

Simon.
Sponsored Links