Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Server Operation

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 4th November 2012, 07:33

Default web interface to stream media

Good evening,

Well my ongoing project to configure my own home server is really coming together. The web server, file server and mail server are all up and running and everything seems to be working fine.

Now what I'm thinking of doing is installing some sort of web interface so I can access my media files from the cottage. (All my mdeia files currently sit on a NAS on the LAN.)

I took a look at Ampache but it's not really what I'm looking for. I want to be able to browse the files in my collection and stream them to my remote location. Of couse there has to be sufficient security so they're not merely wide open so I'm thinking there's something that relies on a MySQL database.

Any ideas or suggestions?
Sponsored Links