Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 31st October 2012, 16:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by till View Post
You mix up a few things here, the .htaccess works fine and overrides the settings in the global apache configuration on your server. A .htaccess file is a config file of the apache server and not a config file of the php binary, the php settings that you refer to like php_value or php_flag are settings for the apache module mod_php and not for the php-fcgi program. You can set values for php-fcgi in the php.ini field of the website, so its even easier then editing a .htaccess file manually, the syntax is the same that you find in the php.ini.
Ahh my mistake, I had an inkling that I was mistaken but I posted anyway. Thank you for correcting my error.

So basically you are saying that anything placed into the php.ini field on the website determines the settings irrespective of the server config in
Code:
/etc/php5/cgi/php.ini
Sponsored Links
Old 31st October 2012, 17:06
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,375 Times in 4,222 Posts

Values that are set in the php.ini field override the same values from php.ini in php modes php-cgi, php-fcgi and suphp.
Old 31st October 2012, 17:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by till View Post
Values that are set in the php.ini field override the same values from php.ini in php modes php-cgi, php-fcgi and suphp.
Brilliant

Just as an after thought even though ownCloud looks visually appealing it still appears to have bugs. Any chance you know of a opensource project similar to this that isn't so buggy and isn't Subsonic?

Cheers,
Steven Swarts