Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 30th October 2012, 19:26

Default Installing Roundcube webmail on multiuser

Setting up a separate mail server on a multiuser network. Do I install Roundcube on the mail server or where the ISP manager is. In my case the ISP manager is a separate server. It probably makes more sense to put it on the mail server since I may want to add more mail servers down the road.

How would my mail clients use the webmail?

www.mail01.acme.com/webmail
www.mail02.acme.com/webmail

Is there a way to alias the /webmail and have it go to roundcube so if user bob@test.com wants to check email he goes to his domain www.test.com/webmail and it takes him to his roundcube webmail, whichever mail server that happens to be?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 31st October 2012, 08:43
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,500 Times in 4,329 Posts

You can install roundcube on the controlpanel server as roundcube is able to connect to different servers based on the mx records of the domains. There is a roundcube plugin available on the roundcube website for this.
The Following User Says Thank You to till For This Useful Post:
webguyz (31st October 2012)