Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28th October 2012, 22:08

Default Multiuser setup unable to attach to MySQL DB

I am setting up a POC test using 2 servers, control.test.com and web01.test.com.

Installed ISP Manager on Debian as per the How-Tos and installed just the ISPConfig website on the server named control. That works just fine and I can access the website with no problem

When I go to attach the second server (web01) and going thru the install script it asks if this is an exisiting multisuer sertup and I answer yes. I then try to connect to the DB on the control server control.test.com and I give it the corerct login/passwpord info but it fails.

If I do a 'telnet control.test.com 3306' I get the error:
'Host 'xx.xxx.59.199' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL serverConnection closed by foreign host.'

On the control.webguyz.net in /etc/mysql/my.cnf I have commented out
#bind-address = 127.0.0.1

Did I miss a step somewhere? Normall when I see this error I have to do something like add a user with a % into the mysql db. Does that need to be done here?

Thanks!

UPDATE! Disregard. I mis-read the section on having to create entries for each remote server. Works fine now.

Last edited by webguyz; 29th October 2012 at 07:16.
Sponsored Links