Old 23rd October 2012, 21:36

Default [Help] DNS Manager

I have configured ISPConfig 2 with debian.
I have 3 websites created. For each website I have a domain.
The problem comes now. Let me explain:
I created a new website, which I called forum. Now I need one of the three that I have configured DNS for websites point a sub domain. Example: foro.domain.com. To do I access the admin panel as dns manager, and I access the domain, select the tab records, and created a new record type pointing to my public IP with the forum name, so to put in foro.dominio browser. com should let me access to this website or to ping me answer me on that website, which is not done.

What do we owe this issue? What am I doing wrong?
When you create the DNS record from the ISP Manager not allow me to show me the following message: "The foro.dominio.com name is already in use by another site or domain"

The DNS record is not set up anywhere, I checked up the trash, and there it is. So I proceeded to do it from the DNS Manager

I used google translator, so I apologize if you do not understand something or if something bad writing. My English is very bad. I speak Spanish, and I posted here because I did not find some other place to do it.

Greetings and Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 24th October 2012, 21:09
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,581 Posts

You must create a zone for domain.com and then create a record for foro. If the ISPConfig server is not authoritative for the zone, you must use it as your primary DNS server on your client PC if you want foro.domain.com to resolve.

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on: