Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 15th October 2012, 18:45
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,601 Times in 4,412 Posts

What are the exact error messages that you get in the error.log of the website and that you get on the screen.
Sponsored Links
Old 15th October 2012, 21:45

I got this message in the error.log:

[Mon Oct 15 20:39:07 2012] [warn] [client 192.168.0.48] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: is_writable(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/www/clients/client1/web3/web/../app/logs) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/clients/client1/web3/web:/var/www/clients/client1/web3/tmp:/var/www/website.fr/web:/srv/www/website.fr/web:/usr/share/php5:/tmp:/usr/share/phpmyadmin:/etc/phpmyadmin:/var/lib/phpmyadmin:/usr/share/php) in /var/www/clients/client1/web3/web/config.php on line 34

And this to the screen :

Change the permissions of the "app/cache/" directory so that the web server can write into it.
Change the permissions of the "app/logs/" directory so that the web server can write into it.
Old 15th October 2012, 22:06

That is ok, I have to add the open_base_dir to the options of the website.

Now when I want to open app_dev.php, the page is blank and I got this in error.log :

[Mon Oct 15 21:03:07 2012] [warn] [client 192.168.0.48] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/var/www/clients/client1/web3/web/../app/bootstrap.php.cache' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/clients/client1/web3/web/app_dev.php on line 17, referer: http://website.fr/config.php
Old 16th October 2012, 09:26
Super Moderator

Seems as if there is a wrong path in your symfony configuration as it tries to access a file outside of the web folder. It tries to open the path:

/var/www/clients/client1/web3/app/bootstrap.php.cache

while all files should be inside the web folder, so it should be:

/var/www/clients/client1/web3/web/app/bootstrap.php.cache
The Following User Says Thank You to till For This Useful Post:
dsautet (16th October 2012)
Old 16th October 2012, 12:27

Yes you were right, I put the Symfony folder in the wrong folder.

Now it's work.

Thank you very much
Old 7th June 2013, 13:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by till View Post
Seems as if there is a wrong path in your symfony configuration as it tries to access a file outside of the web folder. It tries to open the path:

/var/www/clients/client1/web3/app/bootstrap.php.cache

while all files should be inside the web folder, so it should be:

/var/www/clients/client1/web3/web/app/bootstrap.php.cache
Well this is not "wrong" by Symfony. Modern PHP Frameworks avoid to put all its stuff in the document root of the webserver.

Symfony needs only one single php file (app.php) in the document root for bootstraping. The source is located in ../{app,src,vendor}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symfony.com
All public files and the front controller that handles incoming requests in a Symfony2 application live in the Symfony/web/ directory. So, assuming you unpacked the archive into your web server's or virtual host's document root, your application's URLs will start with http://localhost/Symfony/web/. To get nice and short URLs you should point the document root of your web server or virtual host to the Symfony/web/ directory. Though this is not required for development it is recommended when your application goes into production as all system and configuration files become inaccessible to clients.

Source: http://symfony.com/doc/current/book/...oad-an-archive
Having such a setup supported in a proper way natively would be awesome.
Old 7th June 2013, 13:52
Super Moderator

Quote:
Modern PHP Frameworks avoid to put all its stuff in the document root of the webserver.
And for exact that reason there is a folder called "private" in ispconfig to hold all files and directories which shall not be accessible by http.
Old 7th June 2013, 18:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by till View Post
And for exact that reason there is a folder called "private" in ispconfig to hold all files and directories which shall not be accessible by http.
I thought about that, but on my system private/ is not in open_basedir by default, so I skipped that direction.

Just recognized "php_open_basedir=[website_path]/web:[website_path]/private:[...]" - I will give it a try.