Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > HOWTO-Related Questions

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12th September 2012, 09:29

Default Problems with Virtual Hosting With PureFTPd And MySQL [Falko HowTo]

Hi,

I follow this how to in my Ubuntu and it works very well, I have some trouble with permission model.

My server host a bunch of virtual hosts and if I run al Pureftpd users as UiD and GiD like the how-to said (es: 2001), sadly apache can't mange this files.

So I try to run users at 33, but i'm not shure this is a secure permission model 'cause now all my pureftpd users write files as (User/Group) www-data.

Can someone explain the better way to solve this dilemma?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links