Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 27th August 2012, 13:19

Question Odd directories in VH & other issues - ISPConfig 3.0.4.6

I have just installed ISPConfig 3.0.4.6. In the Apache Virtual Host I am seeing directories for both the client and the actual web site, amongst others, in "PHP open_basedir":

/var/www/clients/client1/web1/web:
/var/www/clients/client1/web1/tmp:
/var/www/tashakolash.com/web:
/srv/www/tashakolash.com/web:
/usr/share/php5:
/tmp:
/usr/share/phpmyadmin:
/etc/phpmyadmin:
/var/lib/phpmyadmin:
/usr/share/php

I'm pretty sure this should not be happening! Anyone got any ideas?

BTW, I don't have phpmyadmin installed (and won't unless it's essential for ISPCConfig to function properly) so I don't see why that should be in there.

Please ask if any more info required.

Also - I've just noticed that on the Sites -> Database page, the field widths are far too small.

Lastly - would I be right in guessing that there's no simple way to transfer data between my old ISPConfig 2 server and my new ISPConfig 3 one?
The Following User Says Thank You to ITFixt For This Useful Post:
susanjeafre (4th September 2012)
Sponsored Links
Old 27th August 2012, 13:30
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,494 Times in 4,325 Posts

Quote:
I have just installed ISPConfig 3.0.4.6. In the Apache Virtual Host I am seeing directories for both the client and the actual web site, amongst others, in "PHP open_basedir":
The open_basedir settings are absolutely correct. If you take a closer look on your filesystem then you will recognize that some of them are symlinks. And beside that, its all freely configurayble under System > server config > web for new servers and Sites > websites > options for individual sites.

Quote:
BTW, I don't have phpmyadmin installed (and won't unless it's essential for ISPCConfig to function properly) so I don't see why that should be in there.
Ok, you you basically tell us that you did not follow the installation instructions for ISPConfig 3 that contain the installation of phpmyadmin before the installation of ispconfig. If you dont want to use phpmyadmin, then remove the path from the open basedir as I described above.

Quote:
Also - I've just noticed that on the Sites -> Database page, the field widths are far too small.
They are not too small here in ISPConfig 3.0.4.6. Please note that the mysql restricts the length of usernames and database names and not ISPConfig. Take a look at the mysql documentation.

Quote:
Lastly - would I be right in guessing that there's no simple way to transfer data between my old ISPConfig 2 server and my new ISPConfig 3 one?
ISPConfig 2 and ISPConfig 3 are completely different software packages, the only thing they ashre is the first part of the name. There are no import scripts available for ISPConfig 2.
Old 27th August 2012, 14:17

Thanks for the swift & helpful reply, Till.

Quote:
Originally Posted by till View Post
The open_basedir settings are absolutely correct. If you take a closer look on your filesystem then you will recognize that some of them are symlinks. And beside that, its all freely configurayble under System > server config > web for new servers and Sites > websites > options for individual sites.
OK - I somehow missed that row of tabs at System > server config > web. I guess I might have been in too much of a hurry to find my way around 3, having been running 2 for several years :/

Quote:
Ok, you you basically tell us that you did not follow the installation instructions for ISPConfig 3 that contain the installation of phpmyadmin before the installation of ispconfig.
Indeed. None of my users would use it and I prefer the SQL Server module in Webmin... I kinda assumed leaving it out wouldn't be an issue.

Quote:
If you dont want to use phpmyadmin, then remove the path from the open basedir as I described above.
OK

Quote:
They are not too small here in ISPConfig 3.0.4.6. Please note that the mysql restricts the length of usernames and database names and not ISPConfig. Take a look at the mysql documentation.
I don't think I explained myself well. The fields are one-character wide drop-down boxes. Might be a browser issue on my machine. I'll check in another one.

Quote:
ISPConfig 2 and ISPConfig 3 are completely different software packages, the only thing they ashre is the first part of the name. There are no import scripts available for ISPConfig 2.
I thought that might be the case. Oh well, I guess I have a week's work ahead of me porting my users one-by-one :{ I was pretty much expecting that... seemed to be a better idea than installing 2 on a new server

Thanks again - and thanks for ISPConfig!
Old 27th August 2012, 14:43
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,494 Times in 4,325 Posts

Quote:
I thought that might be the case. Oh well, I guess I have a week's work ahead of me porting my users one-by-one :{ I was pretty much expecting that... seemed to be a better idea than installing 2 on a new server
ISPConfig 2 is not maintained anymore and is not installable on latest Linux distributions due to changes in the libc, so it is recommended to use ISPonfig 3 dor new installs.

Quote:
I don't think I explained myself well. The fields are one-character wide drop-down boxes. Might be a browser issue on my machine. I'll check in another one.
It should be input fields for mysql username and password in ISPConfig 3.0., I'am not aware of any briwser issues in the current release, maybe its a problem with abrowser plugin or similar issue.
Old 27th August 2012, 15:50
ISPConfig Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITFixt View Post
If it shows like this in a different browser, too, maybe try posting a screenshot. Might help.

pixcept KG