Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Developers' Forum

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 3rd July 2012, 15:13
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,612 Times in 4,423 Posts

Quote:
It should be mentioned that it is necessary to use the undocumented (!) SOAP call client_get_groupid($session_id, $client_id)
Thats the function to convert the client ID to groupid, if you want to convert from one ID to another then you have to use that function of course.

Quote:
Strangely, the group_id is not included in the answers to the client_get() and client_get_by_username() functions.
The grouid is part of the response of any record, it does not amtter if you query a website or a client. print out the response with print_r(), you will see that the sys_groupid is returned. The groupid of a record is the owner group of that record and the client records are owned by the administrator or reseller that created them. So the grouipd of a client record is either the groupid of the admin or the groupid of the reseller.
The Following User Says Thank You to till For This Useful Post:
teves (3rd July 2012)
Sponsored Links
Old 3rd July 2012, 15:26

Hi Till,

please forgive me if I got something wrong, but I still believe that my post is correct in the given context:

my aim is to create a list of domains belonging to a certain client. So I would fetch the client first by client_get() or client_get_by_username().
But then I only get the sys_groupid of the client, which is, as you pointed out, the id of the admin or the reseller.
Now I would need to send a request like sites_web_domain_get($session_id, array('sys_groupid' => $id))
and here I need the group_id of the user, which I do not have at this point.
So I'd use the client_get_groupid($session_id, $client_id) function.

Did I get something wrong? Is there a better way?

Regards, Tom
Old 3rd July 2012, 15:31
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,612 Times in 4,423 Posts

If you write a external application for ispconfig, then you have the client_id as universal reference stored in your app. So normally you wont query the client table at all except if you want to change client details. This ID can be used to query a client and this ID can also be used to query for the groupid of that client if you need it for other queries.