Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 25th June 2012, 22:19

thanks for your reply and help Bookworm, I had to do it differently on ubuntu 12.04:

Code:
sudo -i
gedit /etc/default/avahi-daemon
I had to change AVAHI_DAEMON_DETECT_LOCAL=1 to =0 and reboot.
No error anymore, and Gnome loads as fast as it should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm View Post
It sounds like you have the full graphic install of Ubuntu (Gnome, I'm assuming, rather than Kubuntu).
Yes I have installed ubuntu 12.04 desktop i386 on my laptop which I mainly use as a web server running ispconfig3 for my webdesign needs, it is also excellent to have a mobile server with all my work in. I installed the latest gnome on it (not kde/kubuntu desktop) and runs great. I might uninstall unity which I consider useless totally, but I am a gnome kid :-)

So I am not using this computer remotely no.
Sponsored Links