Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 5th June 2012, 23:02

Default Mirror / Cluster Web Server Question

My question might already be answered somewere else but my searches have not given me the answer.

I have installed ISPConfig (updated to 3.0.4.5) on a Debian platform in a multiserver enviroment. I have now decided to install a new web server as mirror / backup.

The server running web is a server running Debian Lenny.

The new server is running Debian Squeeze.

I have tried installing ISPConfig and setting it with mirror as option in CP. Did a resync but noticed that not everything is transferred to the new server.

I am not sure if I should use GlusterFS and how this can be done on a partly already installed and running system. Or if I should look at a totally different solution.

Hosted at :
SuperWeb.dk
a part of VoiceMe
Sponsored Links
Old 6th June 2012, 08:59
Super Moderator

Thanked 4,983 Times in 3,903 Posts

I would recommend to use unison instaed of glusterfs as described in the ispconfig mirror guide for debian 6. The problem that your servers dont sync is most likely related to wrong /etc/hosts file entries on the master and or slave so that the mysql client on the slave can not connect to the master anymore. If the /etc/hosts files on master and slave dont contain identical records for master and slave before you start the installation of ispconfig (and they may contain only the fqdn domain names), thn msql will fail to authenticate later and no data gets synced.