Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 26th January 2011, 16:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by till View Post
Ok. So the problem is what I suggested in post #2 of this thread. It is not possible to login to the mysql database with the mysql login details that are in the mysql_clientdb.conf file.

Please ensure that a login with the details in that file as root user to localhost is possible. You can test that with the command:

mysql -h localhost -u root -p

and then enter the password that you find in the mysql_clientdb.conf file on the db server.

Thats not strange, as the transacrtion has been closed and no other transactions are waiting. Also the jobs that are processed at a given time vary as not every monitoriyng process gets called every time you execute the script to ensure that the system does not get overloaded.
I can't login as localhost but I can login with the FQDN of the server... But I'm using the same password as in the conf file. Why would that be?

*Edit AGAIN - it's working now!

I could login to mysql using the FQDN of the server, but not localhost. So I logged in with:

Code:
mysql -h {fqdn} -u root -p
Then ran:

Code:
mysql > GRANT ALL ON *.* TO 'root'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY {rootpwd};
quit
Then created another database , logged in this time as localhost and:

Code:
mysql>show databases;
+--------------------+
| Database           |
+--------------------+
| information_schema |
| c1ampmwp           |
| c1temptemp         |
| c2ampcrm           |
| dbispconfig        |
| mysql              |
+--------------------+
6 rows in set (0.00 sec)
There it is!

You're the man, Till! Thanks so much.

Last edited by AmpSys; 26th January 2011 at 16:53.
Sponsored Links
Old 26th January 2011, 16:50
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,255 Times in 4,121 Posts

Mysql has a authentication record for different hostnames and IP addresses, so root@fqdn can have a different password then root@localhost. Seems as if seomone changed the record for the fqdn and not for localhost. Or someone changed the /etc/hosts file so that there is no valid localhost entry in there anymore.

Check the /etc/hosts file and make sure that localhost is mapped to IP 127.0.0.1. If thats ok, login to your mysql db with phpmyadmin or on the shell and set the correct root password for localhost.
Old 26th January 2011, 16:51
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,255 Times in 4,121 Posts

Mysql has a authentication record for different hostnames and IP addresses, so root@fqdn can have a different password then root@localhost. Seems as if seomone changed the record for the fqdn and not for localhost. Or someone changed the /etc/hosts file so that there is no valid localhost entry in there anymore.

Check the /etc/hosts file and make sure that localhost is mapped to IP 127.0.0.1. If thats ok, login to your mysql db with phpmyadmin or on the shell and set the correct root password for localhost.
Old 13th May 2012, 18:27

Hi Till, popping in to evesdrop this conversation... my problem is that I cannot login to phpmyadmin with a client's credentials. I have followed the steps that you posted to get debug info, and here is my ouput:

root@db:~# /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh

13.05.2012-16:09 - DEBUG - Set Lock: /usr/local/ispconfig/server/temp/.ispconfig _lock
13.05.2012-16:09 - DEBUG - Found 1 changes, starting update process.
13.05.2012-16:09 - DEBUG - Replicated from master: REPLACE INTO web_database (`d atabase_id`,`sys_userid`,`sys_groupid`,`sys_perm_u ser`,`sys_perm_group`,`sys_per m_other`,`server_id`,`type`,`database_name`,`datab ase_user`,`database_password`, `database_charset`,`remote_access`,`remote_ips`,`a ctive`) VALUES ('2','1','2','r iud','ru','','3','mysql','c1test','c1danny2','','' ,'y','','y')
13.05.2012-16:09 - DEBUG - Calling function 'db_insert' from plugin 'mysql_clien tdb_plugin' raised by event 'database_insert'.
13.05.2012-16:09 - DEBUG - Created MySQL database: c1test
13.05.2012-16:09 - DEBUG - Processed datalog_id 9
13.05.2012-16:09 - DEBUG - Remove Lock: /usr/local/ispconfig/server/temp/.ispcon fig_lock
finished.

So in my case it seems to have created the user and database, but I can't access it.

The steps I took were:
1. I went into ISPConfig 3.0.4.5 and created a client
2. Logged in to ISPC as that client
3. Created new databse and user
4. Clicked the manage icon which opened up 31.222.179.30:8080/phpmyadmin/
5. Tried to login with the client db credentials, and get "#1045 Cannot log in to the MySQL server"

Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks in advance

---------------------------

So turns out after hours of fiddling that the problem was me being a moron....

in my.cnf I had commented out bind-address like so "#bind" instead of "# bind".... For you newbies, notice the space?

All works ok now

Last edited by dharake; 13th May 2012 at 22:40. Reason: Solved