Old 24th April 2012, 23:09

Send a message via Skype™ to Athar
Default MySQL Quota management

Hi,

I'm pretty sure that this question has already be asked before, so sorry if it was the case (and sorry if it's not the good section).

I'm looking to migrate my actual system with an "ISPcp" panel to this one (so ISPConfig 3), many thing are interesting like the multi-servers possibility.

The only think that could interest me is to have the ability to managed the MySQL quota.

Is this possible in this world? or is that only a dream? (I know that some provider limit the MySQL database, so it must be possible, but how? that is the question).

Thanks for yours (I hope) answers.
Sponsored Links
Old 25th April 2012, 09:46
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,486 Times in 4,318 Posts

The mysql datbase server itself has no builtin quota functionality, thats why there is no quota option available in ispconfig yet. We will implement some kind of workaround for that in ispconfig in a future version y using a script that periodically scans the database sizes in mysql and then disables write access for the mysql user of the db if the database exceeds a given size.