Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Server Operation

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 24th April 2012, 13:43

Default phpmailer not working on Centos Webserver

Hi all,

Total Linux newbie here so please forgive my stupidity and fumbling! Sorry about the title but I'm at a slight loss to describe what my issue could be!

Back Story: Company I work for has decided to bring our external webhosting inhouse. I created a Centos VM based on this 'How to' article http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-se...e2-ispconfig-3 (The Perfect Server - CentOS 6.2 x86_64 With Apache2 [ISPConfig 3]) hosting works perfect and I would have been lost without this guide! I have followed the article to the word! Websites work fine externally and internally.

Issue: some of the sites use PHP based 'contact us' forms which use a php file called class.phpmailer.php. These php based forms have ceased working since uploading the website files from the old external host to the company internal Centos box. Obviously there is a config difference between the external host's box and my Centos box but that is all I can figure out! When I use the forms, they appear to execute with the usual "thanks for your message, we'll get back to you" so no errors? In fact I don't where else to look for errors? The contact email addresses on the 'contact-us.htm' $mail (who the form contents are sent to) entries are correct but the users are not getting anything from the forms.

I'd like the class.phpmailer.php file to pass messages to our internal Exchange 2010 server which is enabled as an internal smtp relay for the webserver but, again, I cannot figure out how to do that.

The details of this class.phpmailer.php file is as following:

Quote:
////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// PHPMailer - PHP email class
//
// Class for sending email using either
// sendmail, PHP mail(), or SMTP. Methods are
// based upon the standard AspEmail(tm) classes.
//
// Copyright (C) 2001 - 2003 Brent R. Matzelle
//
// License: LGPL, see LICENSE
////////////////////////////////////////////////////

/**
* PHPMailer - PHP email transport class
* @package PHPMailer
* @author Brent R. Matzelle
* @copyright 2001 - 2003 Brent R. Matzelle
*/
I've also attached the full file too.

Sorry for being such a newb, this seems like it should be pretty easy-ish to sort but I have no idea where to start argghh!!!

Thanks in advance

dr
Attached Files
File Type: txt class.phpmailer.txt (46.7 KB, 120 views)

Last edited by drbeat; 24th April 2012 at 13:50.
Sponsored Links
Old 24th April 2012, 16:01

I managed to solve this...doh! I used the following thread from http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...server-109565/

This comment in particular worked:

Quote:
Hmm, according to my Postfix book you should just need:

an entry in /etc/postfix/transport
mydomain.com smtp:192.168.168.3

entry in /etc/postfix/main.cf
transport_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/transport

then I believe you need to run
postmap /etc/postfix/transport

One other thing I came across, you may want to set
default_transport = smtp

which should force Postfix to try SMTP delivery for anything not defined explicitly (this should defeat implicit local delivery).

WARNING: I have NOT tested ANY of the above. I'm just interpreting information from Postfix by Richard Blum, published by Sams.