Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Server Operation

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28th May 2006, 08:02

Cool YUM Install of OpenSSL does NOT have CA.pl

I would like to create my own certificate authority to sign my ssl certs (http ones at least). I know I need the CA.pl script but when I first setup my server I followed, "The Perfect Setup - Fedora Core 5 (64-bit)." That Howto uses yum to install openssl (which doesnt have the CA.pl script) and then uses uses yum to install postfix and dovecot, then goes on to configure postfix with ssl support. Now I am not sure what is going on with my mail server (it works, but I am not sure if ssl authentication and such are setup with postfix). I want to setup smpt_auth and virtual mail users but that is a story for a different day. What I am wondering is if I use yum to uninstall openssl and then I compile openssl from source if that will break my server. I know I will have to recompile apache with the new path the openssl but thats ok. When I compile it from source I'll have the CA.pl script and apps compiled from source are just better anyway...
Sponsored Links