Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 9th April 2012, 17:58
todx todx is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 77
Thanks: 33
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Arrow Auto login to phpMyAdmin and Webmail

Hey guys, I'm new at this forum. I've been wondering if there is a way to setup/configure ISPConfig to automatically login to phpmyadmin and/or webmail once the icon in the ISPConfig control panel is click? At the moment(default settings) it just redirects to phpmyadmin or webmail page...

Is this a php type of a question? If it is, where should I post?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 9th April 2012, 20:17
Mitzy Mitzy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 41
Thanks: 20
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by todx View Post
Hey guys, I'm new at this forum. I've been wondering if there is a way to setup/configure ISPConfig to automatically login to phpmyadmin and/or webmail once the icon in the ISPConfig control panel is click? At the moment(default settings) it just redirects to phpmyadmin or webmail page...

Is this a php type of a question? If it is, where should I post?
Yeah it does seem a bit redundant doesn't it, you'd have to hack the templates, wouldn't know where to begin.

Why don't you make a suggestion to the tracker?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 9th April 2012, 20:20
todx todx is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 77
Thanks: 33
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Default

What/who is a tracker?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 9th April 2012, 20:35
Mitzy Mitzy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 41
Thanks: 20
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by todx View Post
What/who is a tracker?
Mixed up my terms, feature request forum lol

http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 9th April 2012, 22:03
todx todx is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 77
Thanks: 33
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Default

I think the problem here is that ISPConfig need to post original username and password (not hashed - md5ed). They store encoded password into mysql so I don't think this is possible.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10th April 2012, 21:48
falko falko is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lneburg, Germany
Posts: 41,701
Thanks: 1,900
Thanked 2,747 Times in 2,578 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by todx View Post
I think the problem here is that ISPConfig need to post original username and password (not hashed - md5ed). They store encoded password into mysql so I don't think this is possible.
That's right. ISPConfig does this for security reasons.
__________________
Falko
--
Download the ISPConfig 3 Manual! | Check out the ISPConfig 3 Billing Module!

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10th April 2012, 23:25
todx todx is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 77
Thanks: 33
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Yeah its probably for the best. Case closed! =)

** I'm gonna post a serious-hardcore review soon on what to change/add/remove etc. so be prepared!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to todx For This Useful Post:
Mitzy (11th April 2012)
  #8  
Old 14th November 2014, 08:27
Bitvilag Bitvilag is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by todx View Post
Yeah its probably for the best. Case closed! =)

** I'm gonna post a serious-hardcore review soon on what to change/add/remove etc. so be prepared!
I know this is an old thread however I do not agree.

Why isnt it possible to create autologin without the password? ex. From admin you can easily sing in to a user.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 14th November 2014, 09:56
till till is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lneburg, Germany
Posts: 36,796
Thanks: 840
Thanked 5,612 Times in 4,423 Posts
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitvilag View Post
I know this is an old thread however I do not agree.

Why isnt it possible to create autologin without the password? ex. From admin you can easily sing in to a user.
there is a huge difference:

becoming a client from admin login is a internal permision change within the same software. phpmyadmin and webmail are both different external software packages that authenticate against different system mecahnisms. phpmyadmin authenticates against the mysql user database and webmail authenticates against imap. so in both cases you would have to stire the password as plaintext if you want to allow automatic logins.
__________________
Till Brehm
--
Get ISPConfig support and the ISPConfig 3 manual from ispconfig.org.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
auto-login, ispconfig, phpmyadmin, webmail

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Icon for webmail and phpmyadmin error scorpious Installation/Configuration 2 27th January 2011 17:42
webmail and phpmyadmin ? VeseliD General 2 20th July 2010 04:26
ISPConfig 3 phpmyadmin webmail Servername error 500 qriz Installation/Configuration 2 28th September 2009 17:46
404 webmail but phpmyadmin OK stefanos Server Operation 11 28th May 2009 12:32
phpmyadmin and webmail jcombs_31 General 13 27th January 2009 11:47


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.