Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 26th March 2012, 21:48
pititis pititis is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: München
Posts: 364
Thanks: 39
Thanked 89 Times in 68 Posts
Default HA Cluster question

Hello,

After read the manual and some howto I must say that all ok but I have two questions

I will set up a cluster with:

- ispconfig in mirror mode
- nfs, unison, gluster or rsync for mail and web
- master/master replication for mysql
- heartbeat/keepalived for failover etc

1- Should I select mirror in ispconfig if I use master/master replication?
2- When a server go down (i.e server A) how do dns to resolve to server B (i.e A records from sites)??

Thank you
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 27th March 2012, 08:45
till till is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 37,015
Thanks: 840
Thanked 5,652 Times in 4,461 Posts
Default

1) Yes. But be carefully to follow the naming conventions for the ispconfig database and the master/master mysql setup as described in this guide:

http://www.howtoforge.com/installing...th-ispconfig-3

Especially that the ispconfig databases and mysql users on both servers are different so that they dont collide with the mysql master/master replication.

2) There are several possibilities to achieve failover switching on linux. You can e.g. use a loadbalancer siftware for that (if you use the cluster with two active node) or you use a software like heartbeat that switches the IP addresses from one server to the other one without the need to change dns recods. Changing dns is too slow for many cases, but depending on your needs dns might be ok as well.
__________________
Till Brehm
--
Get ISPConfig support and the ISPConfig 3 manual from ispconfig.org.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 28th March 2012, 18:06
pititis pititis is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: München
Posts: 364
Thanks: 39
Thanked 89 Times in 68 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by till View Post
1) Yes. But be carefully to follow the naming conventions for the ispconfig database and the master/master mysql setup as described in this guide:

http://www.howtoforge.com/installing...th-ispconfig-3

Especially that the ispconfig databases and mysql users on both servers are different so that they dont collide with the mysql master/master replication.

2) There are several possibilities to achieve failover switching on linux. You can e.g. use a loadbalancer siftware for that (if you use the cluster with two active node) or you use a software like heartbeat that switches the IP addresses from one server to the other one without the need to change dns recods. Changing dns is too slow for many cases, but depending on your needs dns might be ok as well.
Great tutorial Till thank you.

In case of failure in the master server will unison sync all new changes in the slave server to the master(sites and mail)? (i.e after hours of failure in the master server)

In this tutorial load balancing exist or this setup can be used for obtain this goal?


Cheers!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 28th March 2012, 18:53
till till is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 37,015
Thanks: 840
Thanked 5,652 Times in 4,461 Posts
Default

Quote:
In case of failure in the master server will unison sync all new changes in the slave server to the master(sites and mail)? (i.e after hours of failure in the master server)
Yes, unison is a two way sync tool. Basically it works like rsync, just in both directions.

Quote:
In this tutorial load balancing exist or this setup can be used for obtain this goal?
Loadbalancing is not in the scope of the setup as a loadbalancer is normally one or more external servers or hardware appliances or just dns settings that sit in front of the ispconfig cluster. I've described options in answer 2 above.
__________________
Till Brehm
--
Get ISPConfig support and the ISPConfig 3 manual from ispconfig.org.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 28th March 2012, 19:05
pititis pititis is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: München
Posts: 364
Thanks: 39
Thanked 89 Times in 68 Posts
 
Default

Great, thanks.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
cluster question versatile Installation/Configuration 4 31st March 2011 20:35
Question About High Available Apache Cluster 4nDr3s HOWTO-Related Questions 3 16th November 2007 18:19
Question on Loadbalanced High-Availability MYSQL/Apache Cluster Pichi_B HOWTO-Related Questions 11 19th August 2007 14:42
Question about the hardware requirement for mysql cluster with load balancing??? johN5Five^ HOWTO-Related Questions 3 12th April 2007 18:06
apache cluster ultramonkey question Randy HOWTO-Related Questions 7 27th March 2007 17:10


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.