Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 17th March 2012, 17:37

Default Sessions not set after installing php 5.3.10

My server is configurated using this howto: http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-se...64-ispconfig-3

For another project I need php 5.3 and I tried to install it using this howto: http://www.howtoforge.com/centos-5.6...ith-php-common

Centos is updated to version 5.8 Final.

Installing php 5.3 was no problem an checking with php -v gave me version 5.3.10. The problem was that afterwards users from my site couldn't log in to the memberpages.

I made a testpage with this code:
PHP Code:
<?php
session_start
();
if(isset(
$_SESSION['views']))
$_SESSION['views']=$_SESSION['views']+1;
else
$_SESSION['views']=1;
echo 
"Views="$_SESSION['views'];
?>
and refreshing this page the number didn't change. So I concluded that sessions didn't function. Downgrading to php 5.1.6 and everything worked again. The testpage also counted after refreshing.

I really would like to use php 5.3 Do I also have to change Apache and Mysql versions, or do I have to change something in the php.ini files? Who knows a solution?

Ad.
Sponsored Links
Old 19th March 2012, 09:12
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,647 Times in 4,457 Posts

Please check the php.ini file of the new php version, there might be a different path for saving session data set. Either change the path back to the directory that was used in php 5.1 or ensure that the new path exists and is worls writable (writable for all users).
Old 19th March 2012, 20:42

Hi Till,

Path is the same in both ini files, permission are the same. I downgraded to 5.1.6 reinstalled phpmyadmin and squirrelmail and everything functions normally. Again upgrading to 5.3.10 and the same problem occurs.
Old 22nd March 2012, 23:36

Nobody has an answer?