Old 14th March 2012, 15:15

Default Global Space Limit

I think that a global space limit per user should be something ispconfig must have. Right now, I offer (for example) 1GB of hosting, but I am assigning 500MB to site and 500MB to mail... if the user wants to use 800MB for site and just 200MB for mail, well, I have to modify values for the client.

In my case, if a "global space limit" exists, I just could set it to 1GB, and same value for site/mail, and the user will never use more than 1GB, and he will have the freedom he wants with his space.

Is it possible to implement this?
Sponsored Links
Old 14th March 2012, 15:31
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,319 Times in 4,172 Posts

I guess this can not be implemented as mail quota is a virtual quota enforced by the lda /dovecot or courier) while website quota is a Linux filesystem quota for the Linux user that owns the website and you can not set both systems to compare their value to have a global quota. For ultiserver systems which use splitted mail and web servers this would be even mor compliacted as the quota would have to be compared over the network.
The Following User Says Thank You to till For This Useful Post:
AbannyvabVask (28th October 2013)
Old 15th March 2012, 20:47

Till, maybe I am not explaining this well enough, I will try again.

I think that an ISPConfig limit could be implemented. Right now, If I as admin set that a user can assign to site a max space limit of 500 mb, the user can't assign more than that.

What I propose to implement is this:

For example:
A user has a global limit of 500, and the user can set a max 500mb for site and 500mb for mailbox; so if the user allows 490 MBto site it will be set in linux fs, and next if the user try to create a mailbox of 20 MB, ISPConfig will stop the operation because 490+20=510 > 500 of max global limit; so, the user can't create the mailbox. The mailbox will be created only if it is set to 10 MB of space.

What I say, is that space must be manage by ispconfig before applying changes, it will not touch fs or courier/dovecot if the space assigned is more than max overall space limit.

Regards