Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 15th March 2012, 03:01

Default NameVirtualHost for loadbalancing and unique IP's

Hi,

I'm using haproxy which listens on external ip's but connects to webservers on internal ip's. So I have two servers with same content loadbalanced ( or just for backup ). Now I'm configuring WHMCS and it requires that I use real IP's and not * for all sites in ispconfig. When I first add an internal IP in ispconfig, then choose IP for website/domain I don't get the site, I just get the servers default index.html.. but if I manually change *:80 to internal-ip:80 in the domain's vhost everyting is fine so my question is what is changed when I change from * to real ip in ispconfig other then the domains vhost file becouse I couldn't see any other change in the vhost file other then *:80 -> IP:80

Another thing is that both .vhost configurations have the same IP but I would need the mirror ( on a multi server setup ) to have it's own IP. I this possible?

Regards,
Kiddi.
Sponsored Links