Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 29th February 2012, 18:58

Default Dashboard with own RSS Feed fails

I am trying to configure the ISPconfig3 dashboard with a custom RSS feed based on b2evolution. Apparently something is wrong, because I see an empty dashboard.

These are the steps I have taken:
- under System > Interface Config > Misc set the link given by b2evolution (I tryed both RSS and atom types)
- exit and login again

The dashboard is completely empty. Is this due to an incompatibility with b2evo or am I missing something?

Thank you in advance!
matpen

PS I can provide the link to the RSS feed if needed
Sponsored Links
Old 1st March 2012, 09:10
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,255 Times in 4,121 Posts

ISPConfig supports atom feeds, the default feed is a feed provided by the wordpress blog on ispconfig.org, so nothing special at all. So most likely your feed is not compatible then.
Old 1st March 2012, 16:10

Till, thank you for your reply.

I looked a bit more into this, and it turns out it is an issue with the simplepie feed client. I am using ISPconfig3 3.0.4.3 (the latest version at the time of this writing), which in turns uses simplepie 1.2.1-dev.

The problem is that b2evo-provided feeds use the URL format http://myblog.com/?tempskin=_atom, which is not parsed correctly by this version of simplepie: the "=" sign gets encoded and the feed is not found.

However, the fix is very easy. Simply edit the file "simplepie.inc.php" and change line 12154 from
PHP Code:
$this->query $this->replace_invalid_with_pct_encoding($query'ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789-._~!$\'()*+,;:@/?'); 
to
PHP Code:
$this->query $this->replace_invalid_with_pct_encoding($query'ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789-._~!$\'()*+,;:@/?&='); 
(ie. add the "&=" at the end of the line)

Prior to ISPconfig3 installation, this file is found in ispconfig3_install/interface/lib/classes/simplepie.inc.php. After installation it is in /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/classes/simplepie.inc.php.

I would like to point out that simplepie 1.2.1 stable seems to fix this bug. I strongly suggest this as the version in future releases of ISPconfig. Till, do you want me to file a reminder somewhere?

Anyway, I hope the above helps.
Regards.
matpen
Old 1st March 2012, 16:15
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,255 Times in 4,121 Posts

Thanks for the patch. I've added it to the bugtracker.