Old 6th February 2012, 18:14

Default No input file specified

Hi, guys!

I've been fiddling around trying to fix this error for several hours now, and I *think* I have fixed it, but I might have done more harm than good.

Word on the street is that the problem is caused by Fast CGI, but none of the fixes seemed to work for me. What I've done instead is to edit my vhost file and substitute:

Code:
AddHandler fcgid-script .php .php3 .php4 .php5
for

Code:
AddHandler php5-script .php .php3 .php4 .php5
I won't pretend that I know anything about Fast CGI, why it's used or what it does, but my server now seems to work.

My server is used just for Web development, and I am the only user, so as long as I'm not more prone to being hacked, I'm happy.

Is there anything I should be aware of? I mean, am I likely to break something, or am I sacrificing speed and/or security?

Many thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old 15th February 2013, 17:16

I have the same problem when turning on FastCGI for several sites within ISPConfig. Adding the line fixes the problem, but guess this is not the way to go - better spot the problem rather than trying to fix with such "hacks".