Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 1st February 2012, 09:39
till till is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 35,715
Thanks: 819
Thanked 5,321 Times in 4,174 Posts
Default

Did you create the new client in ISPConfig or with the remote API?
__________________
Till Brehm
--
Get ISPConfig support and the ISPConfig 3 manual from ispconfig.org.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #12  
Old 1st February 2012, 10:53
nicademus nicademus is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by till View Post
Did you create the new client in ISPConfig or with the remote API?
Everything through the ISPConfig panel, - nothing remote. As I mentioned I think this has all come about after I forced the update to try and enable jailkit. I think I might have even tried the ispconfig_update it didn't run because it couldn't find an update, so I think I did the updatefromsvn...it ran, and maybe that is what has broken it, but then when I try ti run ispconfig_update it finds no update so doesn't run.

What I would like to do to discount this as an issue would be to make sure I have a full backup and force the standard install/update, and if need be re-import the backup DB...maybe that will fix things.
Or can someone suggest the something like setting up a debug so I can trace why these things are happening..
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 1st February 2012, 11:07
till till is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 35,715
Thanks: 819
Thanked 5,321 Times in 4,174 Posts
Default

Quote:
so I think I did the updatefromsvn
That was a bed choice, the svn code is untested development code, it might not work at all. SVN is only used for development systems that dont run any real sites and clients.

Quote:
What I would like to do to discount this as an issue would be to make sure I have a full backup and force the standard install/update, and if need be re-import the backup DB...maybe that will fix things.
The manual update procedure is described in the release notes of every release, e.g.:

http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55706
__________________
Till Brehm
--
Get ISPConfig support and the ISPConfig 3 manual from ispconfig.org.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 1st February 2012, 11:40
nicademus nicademus is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
 
Smile All fixed for Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by till View Post
That was a bed choice, the svn code is untested development code, it might not work at all. SVN is only used for development systems that dont run any real sites and clients.



The manual update procedure is described in the release notes of every release, e.g.:

http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55706
Brilliant...I definately know where I went wrong - It was due to as I mentioned, not initially jailkit'ing but I found many posts saying to do ispconfig_update.sh to reconfigure services (after I updated jailkit) however when I ran that it wouldn't update as there was no update to that version. running SVN worked so I left it, until I found this problem.

NOOOWWWW I decided to skip one automated step slightly and run update_from_tgz.sh which I realised is the script that the ispconfig_update.sh runs once it confirms a version number update is available...so ran this, it reconfigured master database, and services, and I dare say overwrite all php files, etc. Now when I create a new database it creates all the user permissions on it as well..Subsequently when creating a new Client I can immediately go to the website tab and create a website and the user appears, instead of being a blank line (due to "name" field being blank in sys_group table)

THANK YOU heaps for time - not sure if a manual update will help original OP - but I would suggest giving it a go, and choose to "Reconfigure Master database permissions..." These may be totally different issues, but I don't see any harm in running the update manually just to make sure...of course I defer to the ISPConfig expert opinion on this...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problems with SpamSnake ClamAV (Sanesecurity Signatures) tmaleshafske HOWTO-Related Questions 0 21st September 2010 01:59
Hosting multiple websites and webmail dmwcool Installation/Configuration 8 30th March 2010 03:15
ISPConfig not creating user database boxxa General 1 7th February 2009 10:54
Database naming in ISPConfig 2.2.21 different from previous versions rsun Installation/Configuration 1 18th February 2008 17:34
ISPConfig 2.3.2-dev released till General 9 4th June 2007 10:46


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 14:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.