Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 24th January 2012, 00:57

Hmm, there has to be a way to force ISPConfig to reconfigure, even if there are no updates available. I've never had to do it, though.

Till? Falko?
Sponsored Links
Old 24th January 2012, 01:17

Well, if there's no option to reconfigure, you may have to uninstall and then reinstall ISPConfig.

Fortunately, the process appears to affect ISPConfig only, and not all of the other software that you've had to install.

However, the uninstall script will destroy all databases (the ISPConfig database, as well as all databases in /var/lib/mysql/ that were created with ISPConfig). So, be sure to backup all of your databases.

My personal DB backup recipe, which backs-up all MySQL databases on the system, consists of the following command:

Code:
# mysqldump --all-databases --add-drop-table --default-character-set=utf8 --extended-insert --host=localhost --quick --quote-names --routines --set-charset --single-transaction --triggers --tz-utc --verbose --user=root --password='your-password' | gzip > "/root/$(date +%Y%m%d%H%M).gz"
If you use this command, you will need to use your own password for the --password argument.

The uninstall script is located in the install directory within the ISPConfig package.

Code:
# cd /root
# wget http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/ISPConfig-3-stable.tar.gz
# tar xzfv ./ISPConfig-3-stable.tar.gz
# cd ./ispconfig3_install/install
# php -f ./uninstall.php
You should be able to reinstall using the same set of files, e.g.:

Code:
# php -f ./install.php
Post back with the results when you have a chance.

Last edited by cbj4074; 24th January 2012 at 01:20. Reason: Clarity.
Old 24th January 2012, 03:32

A couple of things worth noting. I just received an "Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender" response to one of the test emails that I sent days ago. A good sign, I suppose.

Also, I received a prompt to accept a new SSL certificate, so I assume that you are in the process of removing and reinstalling. Seems to be going okay so far.

If this measure doesn't work, I'll start comparing your configuration files to mine.
Old 24th January 2012, 03:47

I've re-installed ISPConfig as per instructions...

I'm just using self-signed certificates for now, after the whole thing is working and possibly understand a bit about the whole setup... I'll get signed certificate later...
Old 24th January 2012, 03:58

Thumbs up

It works I can login via IMAP, with SSL, and as soon as I did, I received the automated email message from ISPConfig.

I also tried sending a test email from your server to my personal email and it worked fine. I responded and received the reply at my mailbox @xanderit.com, so all is well.

Cool. So, it was just a matter of switching to Dovecot + Sieve and reinstalling ISPConfig (although, I suspect a reconfiguration would have worked, and maybe that option simply doesn't exist yet).

Surely you will have other questions, but the good news is that they've already been answered one place or another.

Glad we got it all worked-out, and more glad that you learned quite a bit in the process. Cheers!
The Following User Says Thank You to cbj4074 For This Useful Post:
m.xander (24th January 2012)
Old 24th January 2012, 04:10

Default I've got mail..!

Thanks for that... Evolution preferences can now check for supported authentication types on IMAP and SMTP happily...
Thanks again.
Old 29th January 2012, 03:28

Default something isn't working again..?

Hi again...

for some reason the email isn't working again..?
It was working fine - I haven't touched the configuration since you guys got the thing running...?

Evolution is authenticating fine but when sending/receiving, email addresses from@mydomain.com are just stalling indefinitely..?
Old 29th January 2012, 11:18

Default ISPCONFIG Server error: '554 5.7. Relay access denied'

Hi all this is my first post here
i am trying to get a issue fixed in my ispconfig that i have had for a while and it doesnt matter what i do i cant seem to get it to work, when i sent email from outlook or my phone or tablet i am getting a error
"Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:
Sent: 29/01/2012 8:46 PM

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

adamrwolarczuk@gmail.com on 29/01/2012 8:46 PM
Server error: '554 5.7.1 <adamrwolarczuk@gmail.com>: Relay access denied'
"

But if i do it in the webmail interface it is working no issues, could someone please tell me how i fix thisas i am getting more and more clients i need thi to work

Thanks in advance
Old 29th January 2012, 12:35
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,702 Times in 2,545 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman View Post
Hi all this is my first post here
i am trying to get a issue fixed in my ispconfig that i have had for a while and it doesnt matter what i do i cant seem to get it to work, when i sent email from outlook or my phone or tablet i am getting a error
"Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:
Sent: 29/01/2012 8:46 PM

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

adamrwolarczuk@gmail.com on 29/01/2012 8:46 PM
Server error: '554 5.7.1 <adamrwolarczuk@gmail.com>: Relay access denied'
"

But if i do it in the webmail interface it is working no issues, could someone please tell me how i fix thisas i am getting more and more clients i need thi to work

Thanks in advance
Please don't hijack other threads - open a new one.

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Old 29th January 2012, 12:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by falko View Post
Please don't hijack other threads - open a new one.

Didnt mean to hijack as i said i am new here and yes i have already started a new one , sorry abour that