Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Server Operation

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 5th January 2012, 04:32

Default Postfix Auth not created - Mail won't authenticate

I am hoping this is a simple fix. I have googled it to no avail. During a new Linux install (Falko's The perfect server) using Postfix and Dovecot, the file Auth was not created for postfix. The config files are perfect:

/etc/dovecot.conf and /etc/postfix/main.cf are all correct with the sasl auth path set to private/auth (var/spool/postfix/private/auth) The auth file is simply not there. So, the maillog only shows a single error that SASL Auth failed - file does not exist.

What could have happened and how can I create this file? Or is there another authentication method if not?

thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links