Because I didn't find a solution to my problem and from what I see not too many users are trying to help me I decide to do this scenario:
Web Server 1: http1.example.com, IP address: 192.168.0.100
Web Server 2: http2.example.com, IP address: 192.168.0.101
Virtual IP address that floats between http1 and http2: 192.168.0.99
1. Configuring A High Availability Cluster (Mirror) with Heartbeat like here: http://www.howtoforge.com/high_avail...artbeat_centos
2. Installing A Web, Email And MySQL Database Cluster (Mirror) On Debian Squeeze With ISPConfig 3
using this howto: http://www.howtoforge.com/installing...th-ispconfig-3
3. Setting Up Unison File Synchronization Between The Servers using this howto: http://www.howtoforge.com/setting-up...debian-squeeze
4. Secure the server like here:
Extending Perfect Server - Debian Squeeze [ISPConfig 3]
What I'm trying to build:
- A High Availability Cluster With Failover
- if one server go down the mirror take his place
- sync the files (webfiles, mail) between two servers (main server and the mirror)
but I have couple questions:
1. Do you think this is the best solution? I'm missing something?
2. Do I need to install only Heartbeat or do I need to install other (like HAProxy, ldirectord)
3. In the howto I saw that every time for High-Availability Load Balancer I need 4 servers. Can I do it with two servers, so it balance between them?
Setting Up A High-Availability Load Balancer (With Failover and Session Support) With HAProxy/Heartbeat On Debian Lenny
4. Can the Virtual IP address be a public IP and the IP's from server be local IP's ??
Here's a little diagram that shows what I want:
| http1 | | http2 |
I will really appreciate your help.