Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 5th December 2011, 16:22
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,500 Times in 4,329 Posts

When you restore a vm image, then it does not matter which other operating systems your host offers as the operating system of the VM is used. So if you host supports vmware based images, then you should be able to run every vmware image independantly of the used operating system.

Regarding your email issue, do you use a email alias or a email domain alias. If you used a email domain alias, then its a known problem in courier setups which has been fixed in svn. You can apply that fix by editing the /var/vmail/.mailfilter file and change the line:

Code:
`echo $SIZE >> {dist_postfix_vmail_mailbox_base}/$HOST/$USER/ispconfig_mailsize`
to:

Code:
`test -e {dist_postfix_vmail_mailbox_base}/$HOST/$USER`
if ( $RETURNCODE == 0 )
{
`echo $SIZE >> {dist_postfix_vmail_mailbox_base}/$HOST/$USER/ispconfig_mailsize`
}

If you used a email alias, then it might be a problem with your setup.
The Following User Says Thank You to till For This Useful Post:
olimortimer (6th December 2011)
Sponsored Links
Old 6th December 2011, 18:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisphotonic View Post
I actually don't need it anymore, because the perfect setup guide for Ubuntu is very easy to run though.

I setup two servers using your guides over the weekend. Your guides are always excellent. I also bough your billing module. Glad I can help support howtoforge.
I agree that the guides are great, but it feels like I might have missed something, even though I followed the guides step-by-step - maybe because I'm not a Unix administrator, so I might have missed something which I needed to do but wasn't spelt out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by till View Post
When you restore a vm image, then it does not matter which other operating systems your host offers as the operating system of the VM is used. So if you host supports vmware based images, then you should be able to run every vmware image independantly of the used operating system.

Regarding your email issue, do you use a email alias or a email domain alias. If you used a email domain alias, then its a known problem in courier setups which has been fixed in svn. You can apply that fix by editing the /var/vmail/.mailfilter file and change the line:

Code:
to:

Code:
`test -e {dist_postfix_vmail_mailbox_base}/$HOST/$USER`
if ( $RETURNCODE == 0 )
{
}

If you used a email alias, then it might be a problem with your setup.
I'm not using an email alias for my forwards, but applied the above anyway. The error has now changed from:

Code:
(temporary failure. Command output: ERR: authdaemon: s_connect() failed: Permission denied sh: cannot create /var/vmail/example.com/me/ispconfig_mailsize: Directory nonexistent /usr/bin/maildrop: Unable to create a dot-lock at /var/vmail/example.com/me/26050.0.host.server.com.)
me@example.com
...to:

Code:
(temporary failure. Command output: ERR: authdaemon: s_connect() failed: Permission denied /usr/bin/maildrop: Unable to create a dot-lock at /var/vmail/example.com/me/26170.0.host.server.com.)
me@example.com

Last edited by olimortimer; 6th December 2011 at 18:16.