Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Server Operation

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 6th December 2011, 13:23

Default Mail system and ISPConfig 3.0.4.1

Hello,

Last week I was having trouble with two items with my mail system. The install is "The Perfect Server" Fedora 14 with Postfix / Dovecot. At the time I submitted to the forum about this, I wasn't getting anything at all in the maillog, so I couldn't share that. Still the same. Two things were happening.

One, the database password wouldn't allow dovecot to authenticate, so looking in the /etc/dovecot.conf/ I saw the set-up similar to allowed access by postfix, giving ispconfig access, so I left this alone.

Now there is no mail coming to the clientmqueue at all, but rather going to there site root as a dead.letter?

Dovecot apparently will still not authenticate, because the mail server can't be used in say for example Thunderbird. Still no maillog, except for root in /var/spool/mail/root/ This only showing rkhunter things and root messages.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Sponsored Links