Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 6th November 2011, 15:36
Super Moderator

Thanked 4,983 Times in 3,903 Posts

Yes, please try to create a new ispconfig user in mysql. Use the password from the postfix files as i described above. Then alo check if the dbispconfig database is there and if it contains the ispconfig tables. You can find a backup of the database in the root folder in case that the database is empty.
Sponsored Links
Old 6th November 2011, 20:13

Hi Till!

I've created the user ispconfig and startet again with the update after i have had restored parts of my system/files... but without success :-(

I've decided to hardcode the update.php/update.lib.php... I commented out the DROP DATABASE IF EXISTS and CREATE DATABASE parts, than I executed the update - without any problems.

After the update I logged into the webinterface.... perhaps it was a cache problem from Firefox - there weren't any icons. Titels, Subtitels, etc. were unformated. I used the update button for ispconfig 3 in the interface and rebooted the server. After reboot only the webserver seemd to be ok and the interface was fine. I thought to restore my server would be a better idea, but I've tried to click in every formular in the interface on the save button and now it is all ok.

I don't know if it was a clever idea. But it was the "perfect setup" step by step and there weren't any changes to the system which avoid the function of an update.

I will have an intensive look the next days and I will post any findings.
If you have any questions or further ideas to prevent/solve problems let me know.

Thank you for supporting me!
greetz
speedx

Last edited by speedx; 6th November 2011 at 20:15.
Old 7th November 2011, 20:56

Hello all, i am facing the same issue as speedx.
I have a live production server running version 3.0.2 and i'm trying to do the update to 3.0.4.

I tried using the automated script, also the manual version and i get the same error every time:

This application will update ISPConfig 3 on your server.
Checking ISPConfig database .. OK
Starting full database update.
ERROR: Unable to create MySQL database: dbispconfig.

What i've noticed is that before throwing out this error, the script somehow drops the whole database. After this error there is no dbispconfig database in mysql.I've also granted the ispconfig user full privileges on all databases in order for it to be able to recreate the database but still no luck.

Any ideas on this ?
Thanks a lot

Last edited by gkoo; 7th November 2011 at 20:59.
Old 7th November 2011, 21:06
Super Moderator

Quote:
What i've noticed is that before throwing out this error, the script somehow drops the whole database. After this error there is no dbispconfig database in mysql.I've also granted the ispconfig user full privileges on all databases in order for it to be able to recreate the database but still no luck.
The "ispconfig" mysql user is not used during update. Please undo the permission changes that you did in mysql for this user. The updater only uses the mysql root user with the login details from the file /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/mysql_clientdb.conf. Maybe you changes the mysql root password without changing it in ispconfig which caused the update to fail?
Old 7th November 2011, 21:10

thank you till for your quick answer. i've doublechecked the file u mentioned and the user/pass/host combination is right.

any other thoughts ?

i'm doing this upgrade in order to migrate the existing server to a new machine.
Old 7th November 2011, 21:27
Super Moderator

1) Did you ever alter anything in the ispconfig database scheme since you installed ispconfig, e.g. added a table in the database or added column in one of the tables? This might cause a problem when the ispconfig installer tries to load the dump of the old database into the new database scheme.

2) Restore the ispconfig mysql database, there should be a backup in the /root folder.

2) Check that the the file /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/config.inc.php contains the correct login details for the ispconfig mysql user

If 2) no, and you have backup of that file, restore it. If you dont have a backup, we will restore it from the template.
If 2) yes, try to update to ispconfig 3.0.3.3 first, by downloading ispconfig 3.0.3.3 tar.gz file, unpack it and run the update.php script in the install directory.
The Following User Says Thank You to till For This Useful Post:
gkoo (7th November 2011)
Old 7th November 2011, 21:51

Yes! your advices did the trick.
I had to update first from 3.0.2 to 3.0.3.3 and then i could do the automated update to 3.0.4.

I really appreciate your work and help. Keep it up.

Vielen danke!
GKoo