Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > HOWTO-Related Questions

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 20th August 2011, 02:39

Default Spamsnake Ubuntu Jeos 10.10 Baruwa issues and update

I seem to have some issues. I cannot release emails. The link appears in the email and redirects to the site, but the message gets blocked again when it passes the spamsnake.

Other issue. The quarantaine report itself gets blocked (obviously because of blacklisted mails in de report itself)

Any chance for an update on baruwa. There seem to have been some bugfixes. Would be nice to have them in my spamsnake.
Sponsored Links
Old 20th August 2011, 04:30

Which version of Baruwa are you running? It's best if you follow the guide to get up to 1024sn, this was the latest before version 110, which is still in the works.

Do you have an entry for 127.0.0.1 to allow in your whitelist? If not, add it and you should be able to release messages.
Old 22nd August 2011, 10:28

Ok, that seems to work. Now I can release messages. I just noticed that the guide was updated. Will apply the update to 1023svn. Thanks for the solution.

Tuxic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
Which version of Baruwa are you running? It's best if you follow the guide to get up to 1024sn, this was the latest before version 110, which is still in the works.

Do you have an entry for 127.0.0.1 to allow in your whitelist? If not, add it and you should be able to release messages.
Old 1st September 2011, 00:10

Hi Rocky,

Directly after the baruwa update I also did a apt-get update && apt-get upgrade. Everything seemed to be working fine. Except after one week around 2:00 AM Mailscanner stopped working. I can see in mail.log that Mailscanner is constantly starting but the queue isn't processed and growing. No mail is delivered.

After a reboot all mails are send and everything is working as expected. Same thing happened to another install after updating (almost after 1 week after updating)

Any ideas?